Info for Presenters
Papers Presentations 5 and 7 July: Papers' presentations have been clustered per topics. Within each cluster, each presentation has been allocated 12 minutes including technical time. Each paper's presentation must be timed as max 10 minutes speech. Questions and debate are at the end of the cluster, in form of panel discussion moderated by the Session Chair. || If you are presenting online, you have received / are about to receive an email with information for the online presentation. If you need further information, please contact the conference organizers. If you are presenting online and the timeslot of your presentation is inconvenient due to timezone, you may notify the organizers. They will do their best to move your presentation to a more convenient time (without related panel discussion). The conference organizers can be reached at: CF2023@tudelft.nl.
Co-creation Presentations 6 July: Co-creation presentations are being coordinated with the coordinator of each Co-creation Topic.
On 4 July afternoon Welcome Activities are organized. The participants who registered for the Campus Tour can join the Campus Tour 16.00 to 18.00. At 18.00 to 19.30 a Welcome Drink is offered at the Faculty of Architecture – together with the possibility to engage in DigiNEB Workshops with the Faculty of Architecture’s Director of Research.
Expected timeline (some flexibility needed):
- 15.30: Optional departure from TU Delft Faculty of Architecture
- 16.00: Meeting at Glass Bridge of Green Village
- 16.00-17.00: Campus Tour – visiting the Green Village
- 17.00-18.00: Campus Tour – visiting architectural TU Delft highlights
- 18.00-18.30: Arrival at TU Delft Faculty of Architecture with Welcome Drinks
- 18.30-19.30: DigiNEB Workshops and related discussion with TU Delft Faculty of Architecture’s Director of Research
For participants registered to the Campus Tour. Open to all CAAD Futures participants.
MEETING POINT: To join the Campus Tour, you can choose between two meetings points. You may be at h. 15:20/15:25 outside the main entrance of the TU Delft Faculty of Architecture (from there we leave at h.15:30 and walk together to the Green Village). Alternatively, you may come directly at h. 16:00 at the GLASS BRIDGE of the Green Village, where the guided Campus Tour starts.
At h. 16.00 the Campus Tour starts at the GLASS BRIDGE of the Green Village. The first one hour (16.00 to 17.00) takes place within the Green Village. A project manager will explain the Green Village’s approach and guide you through some of the on-going (TU Delft) projects. At about 17.00 the tour leaves from the Green Village. (If your flight lands late, this might be a second chance to catch up the group and join the Tour). After leaving the Green Village, for about one hour (17.00 to 18.00) the Tour will move down along the Campus stopping by several highlights. There are two Tours available. One will stop by highlights such as Aula TU Delft, TU Delft Library, Pulse Energy Neutral Education Building & Echo buildings – visiting the Architectural backstage. The other one shows research facilities such as the Anechoic chamber, the Dream Hall, the Towing tank, the Waterlab.
After the Campus Tour, starting at about 18.00 to 18.30 a Welcome Drink is offered at the TU Delft Faculty of Architecture – with the possibility to engage in two DigiNEB workshops and related discussion with the Faculty of Architecture’s Director of Research.
The DigiNEB Workshop (18.30 to 19.30) are led by dr. Frank van der Hoeven - as following:
- DigiNEB workshop: Lay of the land: DigiNEB investigates the digital innovation that emerged in European research programmes, especially Digital Europe, to assess which innovations could/should be transferred or disseminated to the broader community of the New European Bauhaus. In the first workshop, we aim to define the application areas, like design, tendering, recruiting, archiving and communication, to understand better what might be relevant. We will start the workshop with a simple set to gather speed and then move on to elaboration, definition and prioritisation.
- DigiNEB workshop: Drivers of innovation: DigiNEB investigates the digital innovation that emerged in European research programmes, especially Digital Europe, to assess which innovations could/should be transferred or disseminated to the broader community of the New European Bauhaus. The second workshop aims to explore the technological developments coming towards us, how EU programming could respond to them, and what to expect from other players in the field. It also assesses the potential impact of these developments in terms of creativity, sustainability and inclusiveness. The aim is to identify topics and areas for future research calls in EU programming.
5-6-7 July Main Venue
The conference takes place in a hybrid mode, with options to attend it online remotely and on-site. The on-site option is planned at the TU Delft Faculty of Architecture and the Built Environment, located in the TU Delft Campus. You may have a look at the campus' interactive map. The Faculty's building is located at the edge of the campus, adjacent to the city center of Delft and well connected to it. The Papers sessions are planned in the Berlage Rooms. The Public events are planned in the Orange Hall, at the heart of the Faculty's building. You may also have a look at its map and general guide. The Co-creation Day is planned at the Delft Art Centre, on the border of the TU Delft Campus.
6 July Shuttle service
On 6 July the Co-creation Day takes place at the Delft Art Centre, on the border of the TU Delft Campus. You may feel welcome to reach the Art Centre by your own, for example by bicycle if you rented one. CAAD Futures offers a private bus service that leaves in the morning from the Faculty of Architecture and takes you to the Art Centre – and leaves in the late afternoon from the Art Centre and takes you back to the Faculty of Architecture.
4-5-6-7 July Locations
CAAD Futures 2023Registration website for CAAD Futures 2023
CAAD Futures email@example.com
CAAD Futures firstname.lastname@example.org://www.caadfutures2023.nl
CAAD Futures 2023CAAD Futures 20230.00EUROnlineOnly2019-01-01T00:00:00Z
TU Delft Faculty of ArchitectureTU Delft Faculty of ArchitectureJulianalaan 134 2628 BL Delft Netherlands